Tuesday, June 09, 2009

California Dreamin'

This cool overcast weather reminds me of home. I am sure a lot of us used to call some place else home before we got to the Land of Entrapment.

I used to call the Cental Coast of California home, and before that, Northern California. There is an old phrase oft bantered about: "the coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco". I miss the fog and the dew. I miss the sudden swath of sunshine at 11am as the fog clears out for awhile. I miss feeling like a local. So when the state flower, a poppy, bloomed the other day in my back yard, I couldn't believe my luck.



New Mexico has so much to offer and I don't want you all to feel like I am here unwillingly. But I do miss some things about the Golden State. Most of all I miss submerging myself daily in the Pacific Ocean. That's probably why we sponsor a polar bear swim every January 1st. To that end, I offer a link to video produced monthly by an old friend of mine. I hope you enjoy. http://surf.transworld.net/2009/04/17/nellys-magic-moments-part-4-santa-cruz/

No comments: